Re: Re: DML Digest V4 #2088

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Sat Jun 10 2000 - 01:03:21 EDT

> my 88 had a ton of corrosion on the original starter when we pulled it at
> 107k miles... maybe that, sounds like a starter problem at any rate, just
> make sure they sell you the right one.

Chris,
Thanks for the info. I would most likely pull the starter and get it rebuilt
with a new solenoid at a local alternator/starter repair shop. No local part
stores carry just the solenoid; you have the buy a starter for $175ish and
you get a new solenoid with the starter. I am going to call the dealer
monday to see how much a solenoid will run me.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6; 123,500 miles..........