exhaust leak?

From: fdedip@whale-mail.com
Date: Sun Jun 11 2000 - 23:29:31 EDT

OK, 1st off, I'm real lazy, and haven't tightened the bolts on my
headers. I tried to once, but couldn't reach them, so I decided to
buy more tools, which I haven't done yet.
Now, what I want to know is, could exhaust gas leaking around the
bolts be getting into the cab of the Dak?
I drove to the coast today (about 2 1/2 hr drive), and by the time I
got there, I had a fierce headache. Then, on the way back, the
headache returned, and I got very drowsy. Almost ran off the road,
which I never do. So I turned the heater off, and rolled the window
down about 1/4 (despite heavy rain), to get fresh air in the cab, and
that woke me up. My dog didn't seem to be bothered, but then, he
wouldn't tell me if he had a headache. ;)
It occurs to me that I've been getting drowsy on the longer drives
for the past few days.

Flip

BTW, now that the headers have been on for a week, I've lost bottom
end. Which is ok, because I CAN shift down.

http://www.care2.com - Homebase for people who care about the Environment!