spark plus and tps questions

From: Steve Preston (steve318@webtv.net)
Date: Mon Jun 12 2000 - 19:13:30 EDT

Hey ppl! I have a few excellent questions here.On spark plugs:For what
reason in particular is everyone changing their plugs to the
Autolites?Is it just for an increase in power,or has anyone found their
Champion plug(s) to be open or defective in some way? I hate to beat a
dead horse on this,but I`m not finding it easy to search the
archives,for whatever reason.I would like to find out if anyone has
corrected a severe loss of power/hesitation problem (esp.at low miles)by
changing their plugs.I`m only interested in getting the 175hp that I was
promised,(for now).On the TPS,I know some of you have replaced
yours(Terry I know of,maybe Kyle too?)My truck has had idle fluctuation
intermittently also.It`ll speed up to 1000 or so,then slow down to
around 500-600 rpm and get shaky,then speed up again.I`ve noticed that
several people with the 3.9 and 4.7 have had this.Did replacing the TPS
fix it? Has anyone ever tried to clean their TPS with control
cleaner?What all symptoms will a bad TPS give you? THANK YOU for any
response to this,and I apple-o-gize for all the questions. Steve P. 99
DSRC 4x4 auto 3.92 anti-spin