Re: Re: DML BBQ WAS Gasoline-pinging

From: Jon Steiger (jon@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Tue Jun 13 2000 - 00:56:12 EDT

At 11:30 PM 6/9/00 -0400, you wrote:
>Out near Rochester, cool! There's a number of folks from the
>Rochester/Syracuse
>area on the list. The BBQ is in Fredonia. Info should be on the DML
>homepage but
>that's one of the parts that's currently in flux as Jon moves the site.
>
>Jon, can you post the details to the list please?

   Yep, can do!

   The profile is back on-line here:

http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dmlevents/Gz6DEFGoKVM2w/profile.htm

  (The profiles aren't working yet, but they're getting there slow but sure...)

Here's the text of the profile:

Date: Saturday July 1, 2000

Location: 836 King Road, Forestville NY, USA

Email Address: jon@dakota-truck.net

Home Page:
http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/WWW/DAKOTA/MEET/DMLBBQ01/map/
http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/WWW/DAKOTA/MEET/DMLBBQ01/
http://www.ivyleague.net/adventures/dmlbbq/dml_bbq_july_3rd_1999.htm

Information:
The second annual DML BBQ and trail ride! It will be held at my house in
Forestville, NY. The first URL above is a page with a map and directions. I
hope to be able to take pictures of the various intersections and such to
make it easier to get here. The next two URLs are meet reports of last
year's event. (A preview of things to come.) :-)

Basically this is just another mega-fun DML meet. :-) We'll fire up some
eats on the BBQ grill, and spend the day checkin' out trucks and riding on
the trails in the woods behind my house. This year, I hope to participate
in my new (to me) '92 Ram. Its only got a 318 and work tires though, so I
fully expect to get stuck frequently. :-P The trails aren't really all that
difficult, its more for fun than anything else. If it gets too hot, there's
a pool available so feel free to bring a bathing suit. :-)

The event will be held on Saturday July 1st (feel free to show up anytime
after 9am), rain or shine. (If it rains, that will just make the offroading
more interesting.) :-) If you are interested in coming down a day or two
early to hang out and help prep the trails, you are more than welcome.
Unfortunately, I don't have any guest rooms in the house, so you'd need to
either get a hotel room or camp out in the yard or the woods. (Or if you
want to bring a cot or something and crash in the garage, that could work
too.) :-) Anyway, if you're interested in coming down early, just drop me a
line.

www.mapquest.com should be able to get you pretty close, but if anyone
would like help with directions and such, feel free to drop me a line.

The proposed "itinerary" for the day is currently something like this:

9am: People start showing up

11am: First trail ride

1pm: Lunch (cold cuts, subs, etc)

After lunch: More trail riding, and maybe some organized events, if there
is any interest in such

7pm: Dinner (BBQ Hot dogs, Burgers, etc)

Later: Head down to the local ice cream stand for some dessert; anyone who
wants to leave can do so from here if they like; the NYS Thuway (I-90)
entrance is about a half mile down the road.

Later still: Anyone who is staying in the area overnight, or anyone who
just doesn't feel like going home yet is welcome to come on back to sit
around a campfire and relax, maybe roast some marshmellows, etc.

Note: There is no need for you to bring anything as far as food goes
(though if you insist you are certainly welcome to). We figured that it
would be much easier (for everyone involved) for me to get all the food and
such locally, rather than try to coordinate having everyone bring
something. However, I will have a voluntary "donation can" at the meet so
that anyone who would like to help out with the cost of the food and such
could drop some cash into it. (If there is any left over, it'll go into the
DML coffers to help keep the DML running.)

Note #2: Last year, a few of us (including myself) got into some poison
ivy. It probably wouldn't be a bad idea to bring some long pants, a long
sleeved shirt, gloves, etc., just in case you have to rummage around in the
brush to hook up a tow strap or something. :-) You also might want to bring
a change of clothes, in case you get really muddy or fall into the creek or
something. :-)

Note #3: It probably goes without saying, but just in case it doesn't, I
wanted to let everyone know that this is a "proceed at your own risk"
event. If you don't want to drive or ride along on the trails, you
certainly don't have to. (There will definitely be a few 2WD Daks there
which won't be doing any off-roading.) Anyway, if you roll your truck down
a hill or fall into the ravine or something, its your own darn fault. ;-)

People interested in coming:
Jason Bleazard ('95 V6 RC 4x4)
Norah Bleazard ('98 V8 CC 4x4)
Peter Cutler ('?? Jeep Wrangler 4x4, '99 V6 RC)
Eddie Estoppey ('97 V6 RC)
Lisa Estoppey ('97 V6 RC)
Andrea Ilacqua ('99 R/T RC)
Frank Johnson ('00 V8 CC 4x4)
Andy Levy ('99 V8 CC 4x4)
Carolyn Martin ('98 V8 RC 4x4)
David Martin ('98 V8 RC 4x4)
Ed McCarrick ('00 V8 QC 4x4)
Jason Mooberry ('94 V6 CC 4x4)
Christopher Saltsman ('97 V6 RC 4x4)
Jon Steiger ('92 Ram V8 RC 4x4, '96 V8 CC)
Bill Tierney ('93 V8 CC or '?? Blazer 4x4) (depends on work schedule)
Bob Tom ('97 V8 CC)

Tally so far: 16 people, 13-15 trucks

                                               -Jon-

   .--- Jon Steiger ---- jon@dakota-truck.net or stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu ---.
   | Affiliations: AOPA, DoD, EAA, NMA, NRA, SPA, USUA; Rec & UL Pilot - SEL |
   | '92 Ram 150 4x4 V8, '96 Dakota V8, '96 Intruder 1400, '96 FireFly 447 |
   `------------------------------ http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/ ----'