Re: Spanked..I hang my head in shame

From: Steven T. Ekstrand (cyberlaw@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Jun 13 2000 - 03:37:25 EDT

Last Monday, I got spanked seriously coming home from class. One of my
students has a prepped and race ready '96 993 (aircooled NA 911) Carrera
with a racing clutch, turbo wheels and brakes, a modified throttle body and
custom intake. I drilled him on the launch. He sidestepped the clutch and
spun the tires badly. I hooked and had a 3/4 truck length on him through
the intersection. Then he just disappeared! I swear as he hooked up I
could see air under the front passenger tire (the opposite of a front
engined car????). Awesome sight. I guess it's not a crime to get beat by
a $80,000 car??? His overzealous launch may have killed his 60 ft time,
but 0-100 was in the sub-10 sec range.

Steve Ekstrand, Pasadena, CA Driver: '00 Dakota CC SLT+ 4.7L 3.92SG 255's
Stacey's Driver: '00 Inferno Red Intrepid ES-3.2L-24V Autostick w/Leather
Race Car: 69 1/2 Road Runner 440-6 (NHRA SS/GA future B/SA???)
Project Car: 69 Barracuda Notchback (Weekend Driver/AutoXr/Beast)
Homepage: http://sites.netscape.net/professormopar/homepage