Re: Re: Re: Re: 5.2 Magnum cam selection! Atten. Jon!

From: Jon Smith (fast4x4@bellsouth.net)
Date: Tue Jun 13 2000 - 07:46:38 EDT

Not sure what the increase would be with just the cam, since it would add
power higher in the revs, you're going to be limited by the intake manifold
from about 3500rpm on up, and the TB... you can indeed port the TB yourself,
as several on the list have done. Others can tell you better on how to do
it, basically all you want to do is remove material from above the throttle
plates only, do not go below them. If you notice an hour-glass shape to the
throttle bores, this is what you're aiming to remove with a dremel tool or
millin machine if you have access to one. Doing it yourself will prove
results, but having one made for you would be preferred, since you're sure
that both bores will be mathced and flow the same amt of air.