Dak in the Body Shop

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Tue Jun 13 2000 - 11:18:21 EDT

Well I took my truck into the body shop yesterday morning to get the damage
from the accident fixed. I will be getting a new rear bumper, 4 new bumper
brackets, and a new Hidden Hitch. Also, due to the impact of the lowered
RX-7 hitting the hitch so hard, it bent the frame rail on the driver's side;
so they are going to straighten the frame out also. The guy told me they are
going to take the bed off to do this. I was really impressed with their
frame machine, as the guy gave me run through on how it works. It is all
computerized, using lasers. They shop just got the frame machine 5 months
ago, and it cost them $200,000. They will pull my truck onto what looks like
a hydraulic mechanic's lift. The computer then levels out this lift,
forwards and sideways. They input the type of vehicle into the computer, and
it generates what ALL the frame specs are supposed to be. The computer
currently has the frame specs of all makes and models all the way back to
1970. Once the lift is level, they take the bed off and hang 16 magnetic
mirrors on the inside frame rails. A laser beam will shoot all these mirrors
every 3 seconds and the computer will tell the mechanics where and what
needs to be adjusted. The guy told me everything will be put back to exact
factory specs. The machine also uses a 20 ton machine which will actually be
doing all the 'hard work'. All of the frame work will be done first, with
the old bumper/hitch off of the truck. I was told the truck should be done
this afternoon or evening. So I might pick it up today or wait till
tomorrow, so I can drive this Plymouth Breeze around more, hehe.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6