Re: RE: Pulley install problems...HELP!

From: Charles Wyman (cewyma@Roushind.com)
Date: Tue Jun 13 2000 - 12:45:19 EDT

I had a harmonic balancer puller and it would not work because the stock pulley assembly does not have any tapped holes for the bolts to go into. But I didn't try to find anything else since truckperformance sent me the wrong pulleys. It looks to me that you would need a tool to remove the assembly, a second tool to remove the dampener from the stock pulley, maybe a third to insert the new pulley, and possibly a fourth to install the new pulley assembly. Some of these tools could probably be combined, but I'm not exactly sure. Seems like a lot more work than what I initially thought, and if I have to buy special tools that I'd probably only use once it's not worth it for only 8-10 HP.

Chuck