My D spanked a Navigator!

From: Charles Wyman (cewyma@Roushind.com)
Date: Tue Jun 13 2000 - 13:45:00 EDT

Well I was driving home after playing golf the other night down a 25 MPH road and this punk in a pimped out lowered Navigator with fat chromed rims pulls along side of me. I noticed that next to the Navigator badge on the driver side door it had a "s/c" badge/sticker. I assumed it meant that he had a supercharger. He was in the right lane and I was in the left. I needed to get in front of him to make a right turn ahead. The road we were on usually has a lot of cops, since it is the local cruising grounds, but he would not let me get in front of him and I didn't want to go too fast. So I decided to say f%&#$ him we got stopped at a light. He is revving his engine but I did not hear any supercharger type noises, but I'm aware that they have gotten a lot quieter over the years. So I give him the "let light 'em up" nod. His lane ended about a 1/3 of a mile up. We both take off from the light with minimal burnt rubber and I was a truck length up on him and pulling hard al!
l he ever saw was my tail lights. The next light he flashes his bright lights at me and turns off the road. I'm not sure if that was a "hey man, good race maybe I'll do better in my over priced station wagon next time" or a "Fu$% you, a$$hol%" good bye. Either way it was a great feeling stomping him! And if he really did have a supercharger he should be ashamed of himself and should just take his Navigator to the junk yard now...LOL!

Chuck
'00 Flame Red Durango SLT+
5.9L, 4x4, 3.92 LSD, R/T wheels (Goodyear Eagle GT II 275/60/R17)
2.5" Dynomax Magnum Race Series cat back exhaust
Quick-D T-body & intake
Mopar Performance PCM (on back order)
Lund Eclipse 4 door window vents custom painted by Caribbean Customs
MTX Thunderform w/ built in amp (on back order)
best 1/4 mile (stock): 16.08 @ 84 mph
www.geocities.com/papa_c_d/
cewyma@roushind.com