Dak Back From Body Shop

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Wed Jun 14 2000 - 10:09:27 EDT

Well I picked up my truck this morning from the shop, as it looks really
good. I mean, just by adding a new rear bumper the truck looks better! My
rear bumper was rusting pretty good around the corners and around the
license plate lights. The original estimate was for a reconditioned rear
bumper, frame time, a new Hidden Hitch, and 3 bumper brackets. Well the
manager told me they had to do some modifying of the original estimate; all
of which I think worked out in my favor. The Hidden Hitch was ordered, and
did not fit. When I put the Hidden Hitch on some 4-5 years ago, it did not
fit either, as Hidden Hitch makes the hitch to fit with LT215 tires, not the
LT235s the 4WD Daks come with. So I just drilled two more holes in the hitch
brackets and it fit great. I did not tell the body shop this though. Well
the shop ended up sending the Hidden Hitch back and put on a Class IV Reese
Hitch at no additional charge. I didnt even think anyone made Class IV
hitches for my GenII Dak. Yes, I did check the hitch's ID plate and it says
Class IV. They put this Reese on for no additional cost. The frame
straightened up perfectly by the way. Now onto the bumper. The insurance
company did not want to spend $420 for a dealer bumper, so they wrote the
estimate for a $250 reconditioned bumper. They also wrote the estimate for 3
new brackets, not 4. Well the manager told me once the reconditioned bumper
came in, it looked like crap and they did not want to install it. So they
found a brand new bumper at a local Dodge dealership and put it on, along
with 4 new brackets, not 3. So I am very pleased with their work. Heck, they
even washed my truck really good and cleaned the interior, something I
havent done since last fall! If anyone is in NW Indiana needing some work
done, I highly suggest Govert Auto Body in Griffith. Time to go scrap and
drag this new bumper on on the trails now, hehe.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6