Re: Weight ratings?

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Wed Jun 14 2000 - 10:58:17 EDT

> I was wondering if someone could explain or point me to a site that
> explains all those weight rating acronyms (i.e. GVWR, etc.)
> Basically, I've got a 2000 CC Auto 3.9L with the Tire and Handling
> package and I want to know how much I supposed to be able to pull and
> carry. The literature spews out all these acronyms, and don't know
> which of them tell me what I want to know.

Payload and towing ratings depend on what options or what standard features
you have; like a Class III/IV Hitch and what springs your have in the rear.
But here are some specs, assuming you have 2WD Dakota:

*Based on a 2000 Reg Cab 2WD:
Standard Payload: 1275
Maximum Payload: 2100
Standard Towing: 1850
Maximum Towing: 6600

*Based on a 2000 Club Cab 2WD:
Standard Payload: 1275
Maximum Payload: 2000
Standard Towing: 2050
Maximum Towing: 6500

*Based on a 2000 Quad Cab 2WD:
Standard Payload: 1450
Maximum Payload: 1450
Standard Towing: 3750
Maximum Towing: 6350

Hope this helps. You can add helper springs to the leaf springs in the rear
to increase payload if you want, or swap in some higher rated springs packs.
Good Luck.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6