Re: Backfire Saga contuniues,att Tim

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Thu Jun 15 2000 - 10:17:40 EDT

At the end of the last year's track season, I was burning oil
from somewhere ... no visible leaks ... little, if any, tail
pipe signs. I pulled the plugs and about half were oily.
I did a compression check, a PCV check and the intake manifold
(stock) gasket test. Everything checked out. Oil loss stopped.

This spring, I pulled the plugs ... aok and dry. When I put in
the MPI, I noticed that the gasket curved in and out in spots
... probably was a minor leak last fall (thus some oil on the plugs)
and then resealed itself.

Hope this is the case. Must have been a fair size detonation though
to blow the air hat and some of the hood insulation ... hope it's not
valve seals. Good luck!!!

Bob