Re: supercharger/heat question

From: Train225@aol.com
Date: Thu Jun 15 2000 - 23:08:10 EDT

<< Okay, coming home today, I decided to see if I was still pushing 6-6.5 PSI
 well... it was just over 5 PSI, maybe 5.5 ish.....
 I checked for leaks and stuff.. felt a small one, so I took the air hat off,
 and decided to feel the air coming outta the blower... it was frickin hot
 ass'd (If i reved the engine to about 2k and held my hand in the air, it was
 enough to make my hand get burned I'm sure... (it was hot outside too...)
 Would the Heat cause it to not produce as much boost? I guess thats what
 I'm asking... =-) >>

I find the boost level changes little with heat, it still maxes out about the
same. But if I run it hard for a while, the blower and the discharge tube
both get very hot. You can still touch them but you can't hold on for long.
Do you have a bypass valve on yours? Years back I had a Paxton on a Duster.
That had no bypass in it and after about 15 minutes or driving, you would get
a serious burn if you touched the blower. That thing would make almost no
boost when it was hot.

Wayne