DML:RE:Noises from rear end/misc. long sorry!

From: BRYAN LESLIE (whoo_ya@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Jun 16 2000 - 00:41:52 EDT

  First i'd like to say hello to everyone,been a
member for a few months.Just been hangin in the
shadows.Hope this post makes it.I've been watching
these rearend posts for awhile,if this has been
covered sorry to take up the space.I talked to a buddy
of mine who worked at a dc dealer here in The Peoples
Republic of California about this and other things
i've read here on the dml.On the 3.55 LSD there seems
to be an issue with the rearend setup from the factory
and miles down the road.For some reason the settings
aren't proper out of the box and or as the rear
wears(backlash,and bearing preload changes).He had to
go through a 3.55 LSD specific dc repair class to be
able to repair them.
For some reason which i didn't ask the 3.55 LSD is
very sensitive to it's specs.Before the tech's went to
the class dc didn't want them touching the 3.55 LSD.It
was okay to work on other ratio's but not the 3.55
Just swap it out with a new one.On a side note he was
telling me about one Durango a tech was working on
where the tech f'd up and ordered the wrong pumpkin,
he installed a peg leg in it instead of the LSD,let
it go and didn't tell her,so some woman has a single
scratch Durango now.Bummer/Not Cool!!Those of you
doing the M1 swap,changing intake manifold gaskets,or
any engine work were you would use silicone use the
mopar engine sealant.I've talked with racing
buddies(ford & chevy) and my dc buddy they all swear
by it,say it's the next best thing to sliced bread!
Again sorry for goin long.
  p.s. you guys/gals? with the PD SC's are makin me
jealous i've been wanting one for a long time now.
I sure wish they'd start making gen 2 parts

   Bryan
 94 CC 5.2
 MP puter,Gibson cat back

>To: <dakota-truck@buffnet.net>
>Subject: DML: Re: RE: Noises from Rear End V6 SLT
>Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 12:35:25 -0500
>
>Sounds to me like your fuel pump... my '00 RC 4x2
4.7's fuel pump is
right
>below my drivers seat... it sounded to me like the
rear end too before
>realized what it really was. I fixed it with a loud
exhaust. =)