RE: Ceramic Coat - Worth the money?

From: Wisotzkey, Rich (Rich.Wisotzkey@gd-wts.com)
Date: Fri Jun 16 2000 - 08:07:24 EDT

Sounds like the coating is breaking down due to heat. Tell me more about
how the finish is turning. My JBA's were re-coated three times before the
problem was eliminated. Over a period of around six months the coating
turned a very dull silver/gray color. Then they started to get rusty brown
colored patches/areas on them. It was determined that the silver coating
was not sufficient for the exhaust temperatures my truck was reaching. This
stuff is rated at 1200º.

The last time they were recoated with a black ceramic. The black is rated
around 2000º. They were recoated in February, and I put them back on in
March. So far they look good, no indication of failure. Time will tell.
Rich - Ashburn, VA