Re: Att Alan: you retard!

From: Alan Short (ashort@flash.net)
Date: Fri Jun 16 2000 - 13:03:35 EDT

Bernd D. Ratsch wrote:

> Hehehe...I love what you've done with the thread title. ;)
>
> Be careful Alan, Nitrous is something that you respect...not "Play with" or
> experiment with. If you're running the 150HP shot, install a retard box.
> You've got too much invested in your truck as is...don't blow up the engine.
>
> - Bernd

LOL, I couldn't resist the title change....
The engine sounds and runs just as it did with the 100 shot, it just
revs MUCH quicker!
Very clean sounding, no stutters or pops or pings (oh my!).
I'm sure it will be fine, but I appreciate the warning.
There are a few R/T's that have run the 150 sans retard and nothing bad
has happened. I have a low fuel pressure cutoff switch, so if it goes
lean due to fuel delivery problems, it will shut off the the nitrous.
Recently, a R/T blew a head gasket on Nitrous, but he hasn't replied
with any details of the incident.
A guy in Pennsylvania got high 12's out of his R/T on a 150 NX.
I'm optimistic.
Alan S.