Re: RE: Re: RE: supercharger/heat question

From: Tim Berry (coolva1@home.com)
Date: Fri Jun 16 2000 - 15:10:08 EDT

Welp, I'm back up to 6.5# of boost...
the belt was stretched I think... I tightened it again... =-)
Here is how I tightened it... (for those w/o a powerdyne, you may not
understand..)
loosten the 2 bolts enough that the tentioner is still sturdy, but able to
move with a hammer...
Take a long metal rod of some sort... (I used a 1/2" rachet extention) and
hit it from the top, untill it doesnt move any down any more.. tighten a
lil, hit again... untill you think the belt is really good and tight...
then tighten all the way down on the belt... I'm also running a 108"
belt... and the tentioner is almost all the way down (bout 1/2" left" which
makes it grab more of the pully on the SCer, FYI =-)
Tim Berry -- Chesapeake, VA
`97 SLT 318 auto CC 2x4 LSD:
Dual's w/Flowmaster, Homemade K&N GEN II, 2 Electric Fans
180 T-stat, MSD 8.5 wires, Traction Bars, F&B Stage 1, Mod'd intake
Trans Go Shift Kit, BFG 275/60's, MP Puter, Powerdyne 6PSI
Edelbrock Headers/Y-pipe, Exhaust cutout B4 cat
BEST 1/4 15.488 @ 86.23 MPH
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ