Re: DML:what oil filter do you use? (long but good)

From: Looper (davidalooper@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Jun 16 2000 - 17:41:18 EDT

Don't get me wrong on this (this is some good info),
but you can't cut a filter open and determine its
quality. I worked for a company that made filters
(Oil, Air, fuel and hydraulic)
for 5 years an even designed the QC systems. Without
running the filters thru a life cycle with controlled
contaminates and monitoring your playing in the dark.
Heck we made Puraltors, AC Delco, Baldwin, Fram, Wix,
Fleetguard, Donaldson and even John Deere filters on
the same lines. You'd be making Fram's one minute -
change the screening and now your making Puraltors. I
just think the middle range filters are going to be
close in quality.

But there are somethings to look for when you purchase
your oil filter. Don't assume its OK because its NEW.

1. Check the welds that connect the spin plate to the
body of the filter.

2. Check the threads

3. Look into the filter for rust, contaminates and
other defects

4. Please squeeze the filter. If the body feels weak
go to anther filter.

HREF="http://minimopar.simplenet.com/oilfilters.html#recommended">Engine