Re: Truck Pulling Right

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Sat Jun 17 2000 - 20:16:43 EDT

> New thing just cropped up. Apply the brakes and there is a distinct but
not
> dangerous pull to the right. Some squealing/squeaking from the rear
brakes as
> well and I'm not sure but I think the stock RWABS has bit the dust. I
really
> can't tell about this last bit while driving but I don't get any pulsing
> sensations out of the brake pedal under a hard skid stop. The fronts lock
up
> as normal but the rear-end just seems different lately.

A simple a cheap fix may be to check tire pressure first, as a low tire will
cause it to pull to either side.
And this happens only when braking? If so, I would say pull the front tires
and check the pads for uneven wear; possible a caliper piston may be shot
causing the pads to drag. Check the caliper bolts/pins to make sure they are
nice and tight, as one may become loose and a pad may be dragging. Front end
alignment? Good Luck.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6