Re: You haven't lived until...

From: Jason Bleazard (jbleazard@home.com)
Date: Sun Jun 18 2000 - 11:52:08 EDT

Bob Tom wrote:

> I debated whether I should get
> out and raise the hood to cool things off but thought it might
> be interpreted as an arrogant move.

You probably would have had time. I was hoping we were going to have
enough video tape to get that Ram's entire run. What a pain that guy
was. I'm sure he didn't mean to be a pain, but I think my old Granada
could have run faster than that.

> I broke out at 14.76 @ 91.84 (even with a 2-3 shift that took
> a bit long before completing).

Congrats on that run, looked pretty good.

> BTW, Jim Knox ('91 4x4 318 auto., light bars, open headers, beautiful
> Dak, etc.), who is as close to being a DMLer (does not have a home]
> computer) without being one,

We've pretty much made Jim an honorary DML member. We still need to
update our Spring Fling 99 meet report and put his name on the picture
we got of his truck.

> won the Truck class trophy in the finals
> when the Cherokee that he ran against broke out by 1/100s.

The guy with the Cherokee came over to congratulate Jim. Turns out he
only broke out by 2/1000. Dialed in at 17.33, ran 17.32 and 8/1000. He
said he was on the brakes as he crossed the line as well because he knew
he was going to break out. Guess not enough. Not that I feel bad for
him or anything :-).

We had a great time, even though I decided again against racing. I
think I'm afraid that I'll like it too much and have to get a third Dak
for racing. :-)

Jason Bleazard http://www.bleazard.net Toronto, Ontario
his: '95 Dakota Sport 4x4, 239 V6, 5spd, Reg. Cab, white
hers: '98 Dakota Sport 4x4, 318 V8, Auto, Club Cab, black