Re: Re[2]: Truck Pulling Right

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Sun Jun 18 2000 - 15:14:44 EDT

At 11:41 AM 6/18/00 -0400, you wrote:
>It's hard to tell which one is squealing but I do remember a ton of brake
dust
>when I installed my locker... Would this accumulation and glazing also
account
>for a slight pull one way or the other? Tom

My experience with pulling is that it would the front brakes rather than
the rear ones. If front brakes and/or alignment aren't the problem, it may
be just that one tire is inflated more than the other. I'd start looking
at the least costly problems first ... tire inflation, then, if you are a
diy'er,
check front rotor and pads for remaining even thickness, or if one is grabbing
unequally than the other. If all this checks out, I'd asked for an alignment
check (less costly than just saying I may need an alignment job).

Hope this helps. I would be interested in hearing other suggestions as well.

Bob