RE: RE: OT: Hesitation in 454?

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Sun Jun 18 2000 - 17:14:09 EDT

Nonono...

On the Holley, there's an Accelerator Pump and Cam (brown, blue, white, or
pink colored). Check the squirters (nozzles in the barrels of the carb) to
see if there's a steady stream of fuel when your moving the throttle. If
not, you may have a bad accelerator pump. Also, the cam for the pump might
not be the right one (unless it's been working flawlessly before). The
other item to check is the power valve on the carb. They're notorious for
leaking and also can cause the same hesitation.

Check the pump first though. (Unless there's some serious cam and intake on
the 454, a 950 Dbl-Pumper is way too much. An 800-850 is better for all
around usage.)

- Bernd