Removing Oil filter on 00 4.7..help

From: Donny M Hayes (donny_m_hayes@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Jun 19 2000 - 11:38:22 EDT

Sorry if this is a duplicate post...my first hasn't
shown up yet and it has been almost an hour since I
sent it....

Having trouble getting the factory mopar oil filter
off...going by the replacement filter I have I'm
turning it in the right direction to loosen...tried
the huge socket wrench first...filter started
collapsing...then tried old style friction loop
wrench...same thing. Finally tried the old
screwdriver thru the side and still no luck. I can
get it to move about 1/4 inch in both directions but
cannot get it to release...worried that I'm going to
damage the filter so bad I can't get it off...if I
haven't already...am I missing something... I even
went so far as running to the local napa and buying
another brand replacement filter...just to check the
threads to make sure the Mobil1 filter I had wasn't
leading me to turn in the wrong direction....

HELP...any ideas?

=====
Donny M Hayes
donny_m_hayes@yahoo.com