4.7L mpg

From: Will Coughlin (willcoughlin@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Jun 20 2000 - 01:19:15 EDT

Hey everybody,I had a long,but safe trip from my former home in tenn. to my
new home in texas.I ran interstate/highway all the time and observed an
average mpg figure of 23.I have a '00 reg.cab,2wd,4.7L/5-spd/3.92sg(9.25") I
have since driven it in town here another tank's worth and am observing an
average of 18.7 mpg if I go all city on a tank.Not bad, huh? I was running a
pretty consistent 67-68 mph on the interstate(about 2400 rpm's in my
truck-I've never had it over 2500EVER!) only disengaging the cruise when
absolutely necessary.I had 11hrs 56min drive time and never let the temp get
over 180(had to run the heater full blast at times, but I kept it cool!)The
truck never missed a beat.I'm glad to be back at a computer w/y'all.Will
  willcoughlin@hotmail.com