Re: Quad Cab Info

From: Mike Lohmeyer (mike@akhara.com)
Date: Tue Jun 20 2000 - 21:34:58 EDT

At 7:22 AM -0400 6/11/00, L. J. Morris wrote:

>Ordered a new QC to replace my current '97CC on 4/13/00 (order did not go to
>Dodge until 4/15/00). Got a heads-up from my salesman last week that he
>thought Chrysler canceled the order (already new it was on restriction
>because they do not have enough 4.7L motors) and told me to call Chrysler to
>verify as I had my VON#.
>
>Well Chrysler canceled all QC orders taken after 4/12/00 with the exception
>of a few configurations.

      Yup, I just got confirmation today that my QC 4.7L manual 4x4
order was canceled along with all other QC orders. So, looks like
it'll be a 2001. I placed my order in early May, expecting it would
be canceled.

      Problem is, my dealer said that if I ordered a 2001 now, it
wouldn't arrive until maybe Sept. I asked for my deposit back for
the time being, but he is researching the differences now. He says
he has the new options codes, but just no pricing yet. He thought
pricing would increase by 3%.

      Getting larger tires sounds nice, but I'm disappointed about the
electric shift into 4x4. Anyone have comments about the advantages
or disadvantages of push button 4x4 shifting?

      I'm disappointed that they didn't improve the brakes for the
2001 model (dual piston instead of single). The Dakota has shown
disappointing braking performance (in my opinion). Plus, they need
to make better head rests for the rear seat. Can you say "smack" on
the rear window in a rear end collision!!! Very nasty.

      Oh well. At 140K miles, my '90 Nissan SEV6 is still going
strong. I guess I get to enjoy driving it for a few more months.
Yes, I'm still attached to it since it was my first vehicle. But I
sure would like to have a QC right now.

Mike

Mike Lohmeyer
mike@akhara.com