Front Driveshaft Question

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Wed Jun 21 2000 - 20:40:06 EDT

I think I asked this before, and just wanted to clarify/double check again.
I am going to finally take my front driveshaft off within the next week to
get it 'rebuilt'. There is a clunking noise I get when I acceleration from a
stop, and it used to be once a week has now turned into a daily thing(6-7
times a day). Will it be ok to drive the truck without the front driveshaft?
I dont see whynot, but I may be overlooking something. When my passenger's
side front axle CV Joint Assembly was getting 'rebuilt' due to a torn cv
boot, I drove around without it on, with no problems. The shop is going to
replace all 3 stock ujoints with full greaseable ujoints unlike the stock
ones which are sealed, replace some ball socket thingy which all CV style
driveshafts use, and balance the driveshaft for $110.
Kyle..............Real Dakotas Are Built, Not Bought
http://www.bastaards.org/Kyle.htm
93 Dakota; Emerald Green; Sport Regular Cab 4x4 V6; 3.55 LSD