S10 Challenge: Parts Agenda

From: Aaron Braun (zanphier@bellsouth.net)
Date: Thu Jun 22 2000 - 17:09:21 EDT

Alrighty, well when I was on the list awhile back Bernd's page quickly
became my checklist of dreams. Now that I have job, I am starting to go down
that road, this little challenge just gave me that nudge to do it.

Right now, my first purchase is going to be the Gen II, what I have noticed
is that they only make the V8 model, which one should I aim for and how hard
will it be to get the V8 model to fit on my V6er?

Also, on the exhaust system should I let the pro's handle installing that
lovely piece of work? Just how difficult would it be to do on my own? I am
looking at a 2" Single In/ 2" Dual Out and muffler replacement...tips?
Suggestions?

Right now the S10 is getting his Gen II ordered. The irony in this challenge
is that we are helping each other install stuff on our trucks, Go figure.
Gotta love friends getting ansy to show one another up. I don't give him too
long before he finds that speed limiter and tries to find a way to disable
it.

Shifter kits, it looks like we are going into a 1/4 mile trial, but this is
also my daily driver. Tips? Suggestions? How hard are they to install on an
automatic?

Throttle Body will be after the Gen II, right now going into Engine mod
mode. Basically my truck gets driven once or twice a week to keep the engine
running, until I get my license back. After most engine mods, its going
right to the shop to get her exhaust reworked.

Anymore Tips? Info? I will be keeping you posted, I will keep a consistent
'S10 Challenge' in my subjects. Make it easier for you to find during all
the other great help you guys lend.

Thanks in advance!

Aaron