Re: chugging

From: jim (rita0003@algonquinc.on.ca)
Date: Fri Jun 23 2000 - 00:51:35 EDT

Hi all - FYI

We changed the plugs, cap, rotor, wires and fuel filter. no effect. Checked
codes and found out something else - code 41, 46 and 7.

41 and 46 is an alternator problem which explains why I had to boost it to
get it going and code 7 is abs. anyways, the computer got fried I guess and
was sending a signal to the alternator to overcharge - it was reading in at
15.1 volts which killed the alternator.

So to make a long story short, I am now changing the alternator and computer
and we'll see if the problem still exists after this. Let you guys know
next week how things turn out. I still haven't checked out any sensors.

Any donations would be greatly appreciated!!