RE: Re: Flowmaster Muffler Attn: Tim Berry

From: Joseph W. Council (Joseph_council@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Jun 26 2000 - 11:58:01 EDT

Kyle, Do you have the sound recorded?

Joe C

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dakota-truck@BUFFNET.NET
[mailto:owner-dakota-truck@BUFFNET.NET]On Behalf Of Kyle Kozubal
Sent: Saturday, June 24, 2000 11:48 AM
To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
Subject: DML: Re: Flowmaster Muffler Attn: Tim Berry

> Tim,
>
> I am thinking about putting a flowmaster muffler on my Dak. I am debating
> between the Single in/out and Single in and dual out. What flowmaster
> muffler do you have the 40 series or 50 series?

Just for input here, I have a Flowmaster 50 Series 3 Chamber Delta Flow
muffler on my Dak. I also
cut off the exit pipe after the axle and just slid on a turn down style tip.
I really like the sound of it. I ttink I cut about 30" total off of my exit
pipe. This was done for fuctional purposes, that I 4wheel in my Dak and the
longer exhaust pipe(used to exit under the corner of the rear bumper with an
oval stainless tip) was not too trail worthy and was just asking to be
crushed on higher approach/departure angles. I love to see the dual exhaust
tips on some 4x4 vehicles sticking out past and umder the bumper/hitch and I
just cant imagine how they do not crush the tips and bend the exhaust pipes
when they go 4wheelin, if they even leave pavement. But hey, as long as it
sounds cool :)
I have muffler and tip pics at:
http://www.bastaards.org/dakota/Kyle/Flowmaster.jpg
http://www.bastaards.org/dakota/Kyle/Turn%20Down%202.jpg