Re: DML:re:Bedliner scuffin` muh tailgate.

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Sun Jun 25 2000 - 01:38:25 EDT

You're right about the roll on bedliner not being thick enough to absorb an
impact, but if you look VERY carefully on my site's picture, I think I had a
70lb bag of sand before I got my tonneau cover and it slid around in the snow
back there (before I saw someone build that custom "wooden sandbag holder"
for their truck) anyways, on the driver side wheel well, you can see where
the sandbag slid and dented it! WITH the factory bedliner there. Also, not
in the picture, because it's in front of the subs. the sandbags didn't just
slide sideways, they went back and forward and pushed the lower half of the
bed closer to the truck. I believe a 1/4" thick spray on will do as much as
a "regular" bedliner would.

As for the rust protection, it's all sanded down so the rust is gone and the
spray on will protect that metal from the elements.

Lastly, I don't think that's a go on the CB lingo. 10-4? hehe
-Dester

<< I can`t see how that kind
 of liner could really protect the bed that much from impacts,unless you
 apply the stuff to 1/4 inch thick! Come on,talk to me tell me sumpmm.You
 know,I think we should use CB lingo on the DML."Uh......10/4 on that
 scuffed bed,Kyle"."NEGATORY,Dester,you`re still too close,yeah,them hogs
 are startin` to close up my sinuses".Sorta like that! Steve P.