Gas smelling oil: HELP!

From: Greig, Doug (douggr@hazelett.com)
Date: Mon Jun 26 2000 - 09:08:12 EDT

Good Morning All,

   Hope I haven't missed much in the last week. My wife gave birth to our
daughter last week, so I've benn a little busy since than. I have a question
about what I discovered during my last oil change (which was this past Sat.)
I was long overdue an oil change (6k since the last!) When I drained the
oil. It didn't have a thick consistancy to it at all. It was very water-like
and smelled like gasoline. Being a VERY amatuer mechanic, I immediately
thought of piston rings. But I started to think about the mods I done to my
truck. I added a Quick D intake and a modded TB. I would think that the OBD
would sense the increased air flow and increase fuel accordingly to keep the
proper ratio. I was running the stock(orig) ign. coil, wires, cap/rotor,
with Bosch +4's. Is it possible that my stock ign wasn't completely burning
all of the fuel , therefore dumping it into the oil through the exhaust
valve? I installed an Accel Super stock coil, Accel Universal 8mm wires, and
new brass cap and rotor. The truck seemed MUCH more responsive, smoother,
and all around better. Does this sound right or should I really start to
worry. Oh yeah, one more thing, she's outta warranty. TIA

 Doug Greig
 S. Burlington VT
 98 CC 4X4 V6 Sport
 Quick D Intake