Re: lowering

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Tue Jun 27 2000 - 23:57:14 EDT

Rememeber to tighten up that front sway bar link. I "thought" I tightened
mine down all the way, but a week later, it started to clank aronud and
finally diagnoised it as the culprit. Well, after your drop, did you get
drop shocks? or did you leave the stock shocks? If you're looking for
dropped shocks, stay away from summit's shocks. I bought them to save about
30 bucks and it's the worst 100 bucks I've ever spent. I bottom out
everywhere and it rides like my factory shocks.
-Dester

PS. doesn't your rear end still stick up some? your coils should set in and
drop it 1/2 an inch more in about a week...

<< Well I lowered my dakota 2 inches all around. It was
 very easy. I used the Hotchkis coils up front, no you
 don't need a spring compressor just a sturdy floor
 jack, took me an hour and a half to do the front end.
 I used 2 inch blocks for the rear and that barely took
 20 minutes. I will post pictures tomorrow of before
 and after for any of you considering doing this.