Re: New owner/DMLer with a couple of Q's

From: Looper (davidalooper@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jun 28 2000 - 16:30:16 EDT

Great another V6er and 5 speed manual.

I've got a $0 solution for your #2 question. For
non-aggressive driving I change gears at about
3100rpm. This keeps me out of the 2200 flat line and
the throttle says responsive.

For aggressive driving try change gears around
3800RPM. Some of the guys on the list can do this in
the mid 4000 range but my ZERO modification trucks
acceleration flat lines after 3800rpm.

> 2) There seems to be a flat spot in the powerband at
> about 2200 RPM. If I
> accelerate more aggressively it isn't as apparent,
> but at slower accel it's
> quite noticeable, the power just disappears for a
> second.

=====
Flame Red 2000 QC SLT V6 Manual
Right now I'm OEM boy.