speed limiters

From: Steve Preston (steve318@webtv.net)
Date: Thu Jun 29 2000 - 21:23:37 EDT

If I were interested in disabling a speed limiter,I`d find out how the
computer knows how fast the truck is moving,and trick it.Modify or put a
cut-out switch on the vehicle speed sensor?There`s gotta be a
way,there`s just GOTTA! I don`t know exactly what they use for a speed
sensor.I`m just an unfrozen caveman lawyer,your sophisticated ways
unnerve and frighten me.(Never mind).Usually they use a hall-effect I.C.
and magnet ring,or an opto-detector with a notched ring(which can easily
be modified).Even if you can trick your "puter" to think you`re running
10 mph slower,that would put your limiter cutoff point at 125-126
mph.Only downside is,it might affect the cruise or cause stalling unless
the mod can be switched out.This is assuming that the VSS is the sensor
that the computer needs to get the reference for the speed
limiter.Prolly is. Steve P.