Re: New Spark Plug Wires??

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Thu Jun 29 2000 - 22:51:23 EDT

At 10:03 PM 6/29/00 -0400, you wrote:
>The other day I went to AutoZone to buy some new spark plug wires only
>to find that all the wire sets that were listed (bosch and some generic
>autozone brand) for the dakota had spark plug boots that were shorter
>than the boots on the stock wires. Does anybody know if you're supposed
>to take the heat shields off when you use these wires?

I recently removed the shields in order to reroute the wires over the
MP valve covers from the distributor as I noticed a couple of the
convoluted tubes had melted near the firewall coming low around the
driver's side valve covers. So far, no ill effects. BTW, running
with MP headers ... might not work with stock exhaust manifolds.

Bob. Ont, Canada.
'97 Dakota CC, 5.2L, 4x2, 3.92 SG, auto., 4265 lb.
PB: 14.737 @ 91.75 9.364 @ 72.95