4.7L top speeds

From: Will Coughlin (willcoughlin@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Jun 30 2000 - 00:52:18 EDT

Guys, I just don't believe in turning an engine that fast.Don't get me
wrong, I like it as much as the next guy, I'm just not going to be doing it
to mine.My friend had a 98 reg.cab,2wd,318/5-spd/3.55open truck and I loved
it! it's most of the reason I'm driving a dakota today.He ran it every
weekend for about 6months, then we put the first nv-3500 tranny in it.Back
to racing, about 1 month later, we are putting the 2nd nv-3500 tranny in it,
and then the engine keeps cutting out.Well, we tear the engine down and find
that the #8 cylinder exhaust valve has a piece missing the size of a dime.I
Put the engine back together for him and he traded it a week later for a
trans-am.I loved to ride down the track with him and to ride around with him
getting all over it, but things go south in a hurry if you don't take car of
them.The truck had 17,800 mile on it and was 11 months old when he traded.I
would like to keep my truck around for awhile,if I can.Oh Bernd,I run
valvoline synpower fuel system/injector cleaner at every oil change, so I
hope there's no carbon building in there.

Will Coughlin willcoughlin@hotmail.com
'00 reg.cab,2wd,4.7L/hd5-spd/3.92sg(9.25")
forest green sport plus