Re: 2-3 Grand worth of Engine (well Drivetrain) Mods What to do...?

From: mike d. (miggitymike@juno.com)
Date: Fri Jun 30 2000 - 02:18:04 EDT

dude, you have so many options. Here's what I did for under 3 large: hot
cam (a Crane 2030 will do you nicely), rebuild, bored .030 over, pistons,
heads ported, multi-angle valve job, balanced, blueprinted. I stuck with
the stock crank, since a forged one is MAD expensive. I got a few more
things like MP valve springs and 1.7 Roller Rockers (thanx Sam!) for
insurance. Add a ported TB, MP computer, headers and exhaust and yo'll be
makin' serious power!

-mike d.

----> Yorktown, Va.
PROJECT 13's!! --->slammed 88 Dakota, 360 swap in progress!!

miggitymike@juno.com
http://surf.to/Project13s

On Thu, 29 Jun 2000 23:45:36 EDT NVMYDakota@aol.com writes:
> Well This is one of my summer lone options... ENGINE WORK!
>
> I know all the performance junkies are definatly gunna tell me to do
> this, BUT
>
> What the hell do I do. 3 grand is ALOT Hell I might only spend 2
> (well OK
> plan on 2 spend 3 in the end) and then get me a mild drop...
> ANyways WHAT TO
> DO?
>
> The internals are BONE STOCK! the engine has 100K on it (well 101)
> I am
> thinking some forgded pistons cranks ect but I don't know what I
> need...
>
> I am thinking I'll prep the motor so I can give it some unholly hell
> whenever
> I feel like it. I also wanna get the idle speed way down (Hot
> bumpstick outa
> do the trick) and just make it scare people!
>
> Please help
>
> Greg

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.