Re: V6 performance questions for all V6ers.

From: DICEMAN469@aol.com
Date: Fri Jun 30 2000 - 23:02:07 EDT

In a message dated 6/30/00 10:07:15 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
steve318@webtv.net writes:

<< Hey Dak buddies! My 3.9 Dak is bone stock except for a drop-in K&N
 filter.(99 RC 4x4 w/31 inch Wranglers and 3.92 rear.) I am interested in
 cheap`n easy bolt-ons.Truck`s rated at 175 hp.I`d like a substantial
 power gain over that,say 215-225 hp.Does anyone have a website where
 each mod that they did is listed with money spent and dyno results? That
 would be awesome.How does the QuickD compare to a 318 throttle body or a
 modified V6 throttlebody?Is the power gain that I described too much to
 ask for out of the V6,without spending a lot of money? Thanks! >>
The best thing you can do for the V6 is get the Gibson CAT-BACK system. Out
of all of the modifications I've done (with exception to the SC of course)
This was the best bang-for-buck item you can find. You can also do the
ignition coil/wires thing, but it won't do that much for HP, probably more
for the gas mileage.
    The gibson is good for about 15 HP and the ignition maybe be good for
another 5. As far as getting 50+ HP you'll have to either do head work,
nitrous, or forced induction.

-Austin
Vipertruck