Re: Mopar Performance Shift Kit.

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Mon Jul 03 2000 - 10:51:56 EDT

At 09:40 AM 7/3/00 EDT, you wrote:
>Bob
>Would you recommend the Mopar Perf shift kit then? I want to make sure I
>get something that won't require me to get off the pedal at the track when I
>run it during the summer. Aaron 99 RC V6 4X2

I can't really say, Aaron. I don't have any personal experience
with the MP shift kit. I think that I remember seeing a post
(back around '98) in the archives that a Dodge mechanic (Swede")
running an R/T wasn't too happy with it. I also remember seeing
a recent post saying that said that the shifts with the MP kit were
firmed up but don't recall seeing anything about lessening the slippage.

My only concern with the MP shift kit is why is so much less expensive than
the Transgo kit? BTW, there are others with the Transgo kit and they
haven't reported erratic shifts but I don't know if they run under
WOT conditions such as at the track.

The only time that I did not have a problem at high RPM with the Transgo kit
was when I did a limited test with a custom computer that was calibrated
for 5600 rpm shift points ... shifted right at 5600 with auto. shifts
... shifted right at 5600 with manual shifting.

I believe that there are other makers of shift kits ... B&M, TCI.

The only suggestion that I can give is to take a look at the profiles
on the DragTruck site, especially at those with RTs (as they certainly
have autos.) ... maybe email them privately for info. on their kits.

http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/WWW/DRAGTRUK/ENTRIES/glance_14et.html

Bob