Re: Talking about being Elitist

From: Terry Herrin (therrin@isaac.net)
Date: Mon Jul 03 2000 - 11:42:31 EDT

On Mon, 03 Jul 2000 11:15:50, Bob Tom <tigers@bserv.com> wrote:
>Seeing that I have NOT apply for membership in over a year,
>my only conclusion is that the moderator of that site must
>periodically exercise his power of control to keep his ego
>boosted from time to time (my first ever intentional flame).

I know Niles and have met him personally. I can attest to the fact
that he is not the type of person who would boost his ego as you
describe. I would assume this was some kind of mistake. If you did
apply to egroups in the past, it's possible the egroups server screwed
up and sent that message by mistake. There's no way Niles would go
back and find an application from a year ago and send you that
message, he wouldn't do something like that.

Terry Herrin
99 FR CC R/T
14.769 @ 91.43
Wilmington, NC