Autolite Plug Lifespan

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Mon Jul 03 2000 - 16:55:50 EDT

Please, let's not start to plug debate again!!! :) this is just a simple
question on replacement intervals!!
What is the typical lifespan on Autolite Copper spark
plugs???.......especially the fact of running a complete aftermarket
ignition. Or how often 'should' plugs be checked/replaced? I thought I read
somewhere the Autolite Coppers tend to have a shorter lifespan than other
plugs, with or without an aftermarket ignition. I have been very pleased
with the Autolites and would put a set back in again. Not that I care, cause
for $7 or so and 10 minutes of work, I can have all new plugs in my truck. I
know the Borg Warn Select Brass Cap/Rotor typically need replacement at
about the 7-10,000 mile marker(in my experiences anyways), just wasnt sure
if this shorter lifespan carried over the plugs.
Kyle..............Real Dakotas Are Built, Not Bought
http://www.bastaards.org/Kyle.htm
93 Dakota; Emerald Green; Sport Regular Cab 4x4 V6; 3.55 LSD
MSD 6-Offroad Ignition, MSD RFI Noise Filter, MSD Universal Wiring
Harness, MSD 8.5MM SuperConductors, Accel Super Coil, Borg Warner
Select Brass Cap/Rotor, Autolite Copper Plugs(.050), QuickD Throttle Body,
Dual 4" Cold Air Intake Ducts, Amsoil 2Stage Air Filter, Flowmaster
3Chamber Delta-Flow Muffler, etc..............