Re: Mopar Performance Shift Kit.

From: Gregg Omo (dak_fan92@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jul 04 2000 - 11:40:40 EDT

I noticed that the 1-2 shift is alot quicker and more
firm. I just had the entire tranny rebuilt, I mean
every part in the tranny is new. The only thing that
isn't is the housing. So, as far as slippage or any
problems like that, there are not any. I am assuming
if there are small problems with your tranny before
you install the shift kit, they would be magnified
with the increased pressure and fluid flow.

I had the kit installed by the dealer and he adjusted
the TV cable so that it shifts at 4700 RPM, because
above that he said the fuel pump starts to cut out and
that is not good.

The Mopar kit shifts quick under moderate throttle as
well as higher rpms. The installer said that under
WOT that it would shift at 4700 and that the revs
would be higher before all the shifts at WOT. I
imagine that with a V8, chirpping the tires with the
1-2 shift would not be a problem...if that interests
you. In my case, V6 and 245/50/17's not really
possible.

HTH

Gregg
92 V6 CC