Re: Subject: Re: 91 Dakota conversion questions..... Project Semi cheap

From: mike d. (miggitymike@juno.com)
Date: Thu Jul 06 2000 - 23:13:52 EDT

>>>>>>>You have to make new motor mounts,

Can't you use the factory V8 engine mounts?<<<

To be honest, it'll be cheaper to make some.

Do you really have to? Couldn't you just run the throttle body? A kind of

Holley Projection unit.....<<<

You could conceivably do the Holley (I've got a buddy doing that very
thing). It would depend on whether you go TBI, or SMPI. If you stick with
the Magnum SMPI, then you'll need a lot of the wiring. If you go TBI, you
most likely won't need one.

Granted..... But the A500 is what they use in the V8 trucks also True?<<

I'm using a 518 for my 360 swap. They are stronger. I don't think I'd
trust a 500.. but that's just me

Why?<<<

magnums need a lot more fuel pressure than premags, and premag fuel lines
can't flow enough. Premags only need like 15psi or something (don't know
exact numbers) and Mgnums need close to 50psi

biiiig project, but it's do-able. The easiest thing to do will be to find
a junked Magnum Dakota and buy the whole wreck....

-mike d.

----> Yorktown, Va.
PROJECT 13's!! --->slammed 88 Dakota, 360 swap in progress!!

miggitymike@juno.com
http://surf.to/Project13s

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.