Re: WAS: air chisel NOW: AUDIOBAHN

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Fri Jul 07 2000 - 00:03:59 EDT

I was about to write the same. Even legal, there is no possible way, unless
he's spiking about 5,000 watts to each sub for abuot 2 seconds, then killing
the power. Technically, a sub can handle that amount of power for a VERY
short bass spiked note.

That'd be crazy, I believe to hit 190. you'd need bullet proof windows about
3" thick. doors filled with concrete. I-beams to support all the panels
from blowing and crackign and splitting. hell. with 160 dB. I saw a honda
civic's overhead hood flex 1.25+ inches. no joke!

I have 2-12" high excursion 12" subs with about 700+ watts going to each sub
and I don't hit any higher than 160. Hopefully, I'll get about mid 150s with
it. I'm still working on dynamatting the inside of my vehicle to prevent the
3/4 inch of flex my doors inhibit. I don't know what to do about the
rattling dash and bouncing windshield tho.... hehe. This is with the
windows down that I can feel my interior flex. I wonder what would happen if
I were insane enough to play it with the windows up.. hrm... never tried
that, but I think I'd need a spare windshield before the competition is
over...
-Dester

<< 190 db legal or outlaw? Cuz that beats the world record by a long shot for
 legal and I find that very hard to believe from 3 12s.