Re: Car & Driver: Neon R/T vs Sentra SE

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Fri Jul 07 2000 - 22:11:17 EDT

preacher@carolina.rr.com writes:

<< Neon R/T 1/4 mile: 16.4@86mph 150bhp@6500rpm / 135lb-ft@4400rpm 0-30mph
2.6 >>

My son and I run at NYIRP regularly on wed nites, he has a 97 Neon sport DOHC
150 HP 5 sp with cat back dual exhaust and K&N element in the stock air
cleaner, got around 12,000 miles on it and has run several 15.6's around
88mph. The only one we have seen run quicker had a ton of mods ( ACR ) and
has run the One Lap twice and placed very well both the last time. He ran a
mid 14 on a small shot of juice. Also seen and have a article from Mopar
action where they installed a aftermarket Turbo and went from a 15.3
(slightly modded) to a 13 flat. They have potential fer shurr.

Bill