Re: Lockin Gas cAps?

From: Marty Galyean (mgalyean@acm.org)
Date: Fri Jul 07 2000 - 23:04:01 EDT

When my gas cap gets frozen I to put a four burner Coleman camp stove underneath
the tank itself; eventually (like forever) the heated gas in the tank expands
enough to pop the cap off . It can take an entire 1/2 hour on a cold day with
a full tank. Maybe next time I'll try a hybrid technique and stand at the spout
with a butane torch thawing the cap while the Coleman does its work. This will
probably be faster and really do the job and then some!