Re: Re: east coast meet???

From: Terry Herrin (therrin@isaac.net)
Date: Sun Jul 09 2000 - 05:39:35 EDT

Dkota4by4@aol.com wrote:
> Don't forget about the Jacksonville, NC area. We have 2 tracks (one drag
>and one roundy - round) and several off road areas for the rest of us. I
>haven't been out to the drag strip here, but I know others on the list have
>and they could probably give us more info. Not too much in the way of

Coastal Plains in Jax is my "home" track, I'll be glad to give any
info requested. It's a very high quality and well maintained 1/4 mile
track.

>restaurants...but there is always Wilmington. I'll even offer up my grill to

Wilmington is about an hour's drive from Jacksonville, but you're
right, there are tons of restaurants here. Still, there are plenty of
places to eat in Jacksonville too.

>burn some ribs. Maybe we could even get a few FL/SC/Ga/etc. DMLers. There
>are a TON of hotels in the area..and I wouldn't mind people crashing on the
>floor/tent in back yard, etc. (as long as the 23lb cat and the dog don't
>bother them).

Naturally, I'm all for a meet in the Jacksonville/Wilmington area.
<grin> Russ, I may be racing in Jax this Thursday night, why don't
you come out and join us if you're not busy? There is another R/T
owner, Mike Hoover, who lives in Jax. He's on the R/T email list but
I don't believe he's on the DML.

Terry Herrin
99 FR CC R/T
14.769 @ 91.43