Another Buggy Trip

From: Aaron Braun (zanphier@bellsouth.net)
Date: Mon Jul 10 2000 - 08:12:51 EDT

SOME HIGHWAY IN THE EAST -- Today a local V6 Dakota user, learned the
drawbacks to buying a dark colored truck. While this lovely beast of MOPAR'd
stock power, effortlessly chugged its way a distance from Augusta, GA to
Nellysford, VA with a stopping point in Richmond in a mear 8 hours. The
drawback quickly became evident to the choice of the ever so elusive hunter
green. As the driver and passenger stepped out to assess the damage, the
final tally rose in the mear thousands of little winged fools who aimlessly
found the attraction of the dark green hood and chrome fender an unstoppable
force. Three brethren of the insect community were found lodged securely in
the wiper blades of this Dakota. Mourning and Eulogy will be held at the
ritual after-trip wash. Befuddlement also arose in the swift 6 hour trip
straight from Nellysford, VA back home to Augusta, GA as the the windows
were thoroughly 'de-bugged' at the beginning of the venture, when the
assessment found even more of the little lost fools lodged in precarious
places along the vehicles intimidating nose. Stay tuned for more information
concerning memorial services for the insects.

Heh, sorry couldn't resist. Well my Dak held up quite well in its first
extended road trip towards the mountains. Average MPG was 18.8 on a V6.
Personally I am disappointed, but I was more amazed at the attraction bugs
had to my clean vehicle. So many bugs landed on my windshield we had to
clean it the minute we set foot in our hotel, we could barely see past all
the dead smears :) K&N Gen II goes on order this afternoon, but I need some
tips on how to get my MPG back up. Everything is stock, and peaking over at
about 28k without any significant tune-ups. Unfortunately working graveyard
shift can throw a hamper in a saving enough daylight to tune-up the baby. So
for all you V6ers out there....Insert Pointers Here:

Aaron
1998 V6, Hunter Green, BFG Dueler APT 225/70R15, K&N Stock air filter
replacement