Quality control

From: Steve Preston (steve318@webtv.net)
Date: Mon Jul 10 2000 - 21:15:12 EDT

I`m on digest version,so let me chime in here in an untimely manner on
the subject of quality and dependability.Machines break.And each
manufacturer has it`s own common problems.If you want a truck with a
solid drivetrain,but with a body that will someday look like a
stunt-double from the movie"The Gauntlet",(i.e. the Swiss cheese
effect),go with a Toy.If you want a truck that has door trim pieces that
fly off and hit Junior upside the head when you close the door,and many
clunks and rattles,and cracked frame around steering components,get an
S-10.If you want a mangled engine and snapped timing belt at 48,000
miles,then Bit-o-shitski is for you.Well,o.k.,that`s car,not necessarily
truck,but had to go with it anyway.If you want shamelessly borrowed
styling in a full-size truck,as well as a few tranny problems from what
I`ve heard,then one of the new Ford RAMS is your ticket to ride.But as
for me and my house,we will drive Daks!! And that`s my final answer.
Steve P. 239 Dak RC IB 4x4 auto 3.92 anti-spin