Improving mileage WAS RE: Dakota Lemon

From: Andy Levy (andylevy@bigfoot.com)
Date: Mon Jul 10 2000 - 23:35:35 EDT

Sounds like you need a cleanout and/or tune-up. Dropped any fuel
injector cleaner in the tank lately? When did you check your plugs
last? How fast do you drive?

I got 17 MPG one day in May 1999, and never again for a year (even after
adding a tonneau and QuickD intake) at which point I dropped in some STP
and I got 17 on the next 2 tanks. Right before Jon's BBQ, I putin
another bottle of STP cleaner and got 16 MPG that weekend, and that
included the off-roading, plus a 75MPH (and higher) run on I-90. This
past weekend, I pulled 17.73, half in really bad rain, sticking to the
limit (65MPH).

Once I get those Autolite plugs, some fat spark plug wires and a new
distributor cap in, I think I can pull well over 18 MPG at 65 MPH on my
318/auto/4x4

--
-andy

http://home.twcny.rr.com/andylevy/ --- andylevy@bigfoot.com ------------------------------------------------------------- "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin, 1759 -------------------------------------------------------------